Apart from the fact that they are human beings and thus social, scientists use social media for many other reasons including;
- Advance their scientific career and have impacted their my field of research
- Communicate science to scientists and the general audience
- Join the Modern Journal Club
By 2018, 45,000 were recorded to be using social media for these reasons and many more. As much as it is a good place to be, there are guidelines to survive this social media thing.
- Be intentional
- Build a strong network
- Remember that posts last forever: There is nothing like a delete button once posted. The internet is archived.
- Be charitable.
- Let the haters hate; take the high road.
- Don’t lose track of offline life: Most Important of all
Image Credit: Istock.com