The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a PhD student to undertake research on hazard assessment for food in East African Community countries.
- Master’s degree with a minimum average of 60% in all areas of assessment in a relevant area to the proposed research project.
- 1st Class or 2nd Class (upper division) Bachelors degree.
Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience of undertaking research.
- Experience of food safety, public health, epidemiology, evaluation.
- An understanding of food systems.
- Previous research experience in laboratory testing for hazards.
- Previous experience of food systems fieldwork.
- Knowledge/experience of conducting surveys.
- Ability to communicate in French.
- Ability to work for weeks/months in developing countries.
- Able to, under guidance, complete independent work successfully.
- Able to work with partners in EAC countries.
- East African nationals are encouraged to apply.