The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to establish a roster of editors with a track record of outstanding editorial skills on whom it will call on for short term consultancy assignments to work closely with publishing unit to edit and produce high-quality research publications.
Essential Skills and Qualifications Required:
- An advanced degree in communication, public relations, journalism, marketing, or another field relevant to this assignment.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in editing, preferably for agricultural development-related initiatives in East, Southern and West Africa and South and Southeast Asia.
- Extensive experience working with technical content, preferably in livestock, bioscience, agriculture and natural resource research
- Experience working closely with technical and nontechnical teams
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent grammar and punctuation
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Planning and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail