The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Graduate Fellow (MSc) to undertake research on diarrheal disease in cattle production systems. The fellow will be hosted in the Animal and Human Health (AHH) program and the CGIAR Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) hub.
Project title: Diarrheal disease in cattle production systems
- Registered in a recognized university and completed MSc course work in microbiology and biotechnology, Molecular biology, Animal Health, Animal production, Bioinformatics, or relevant related field in Biological Sciences and ready to start his/her thesis project.
- Undergraduate degree in Microbiology and biotechnology, Molecular biology, Animal Health, Animal production, Bioinformatics, or relevant related field in Biological Sciences.
- Demonstrated experience working in microbiology or molecular biology or bioinformatics.
- Working knowledge of research methodology and statistics including R packages.
- Experience contributing to writing reports and journal publications.
- An effective and energetic team player with the ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency with written and spoken English.