The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) seeks to hire Crop Protection – Research Officer I to assist in the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) project activities in Ethiopia for developing and implementing pest and disease management strategies for safer vegetable production. The position will be based at WorldVeg Ethiopia country office – Addis Ababa.
Deadline: 10th Feb 2021
- Master’s degree in crop protection or plant pathology/entomology.
- Minimum of three years of post-graduate experience in plant protection research and development programs.
- Proven experience in good agricultural practices (integrated pest management, protected cultivation, vegetable grafting, etc.).
- Proven experience in conducting on-station and on-farm trials to pilot IPM and GAP practices, good knowledge and management of experimental designs and data analysis.
- Experience in diagnosis and identification of vegetable diseases and pests.
- Proven experience in training of field workers.