The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Officer on behalf of International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). S/he will be responsible for leading and managing the data collection and analysis for several projects and working closely with partners to ensure timely implementation and completion of projects.
- Master’s degree in agriculture economics, Sociology, International Development, Gender Studies or related field
- Three years in a related or similar position
- Familiarity and experience with quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods
- Knowledge of issues on the intersection of gender, agriculture and food systems
- Experience with survey design, managing household databases and sex disaggregated data
- Demonstrated ability to perform in-depth statistical and qualitative analysis and report the results in multiple formats including reports, papers and presentations.
- Experience with STATA and CSPro preferred
- Demonstrated professional level of attention to detail evidenced by accurate and reproducible work.
- Experienced in conducting literature reviews of academic publications, research reports, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task as needed, consistently meet deadlines and manage time well
- Excellent interpersonal skills and to work in a team-oriented multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated fluency in written and spoken English